Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy World Autism Awareness Day

Today has been declared World Autism Awareness Day, and is also a recognized day here in Maine.  It was a special day in my house since I have one of the 1 in 88 children on the spectrum.  My 12 year old boy was diagnosed with Aspergers Disorder in first grade, and living with AS has made our lives interesting in many ways. As part of WAAD, Autism Speaks had a campaign to "Light it up Blue", and through this campaign encouraged everyone to light up the night with blue in anyway they could.  As, luck would have it, we had an appoint in the "city" today and we were able to stop at Home Depot and buy our Blue light for Autism.  My son was impressed to see that HD carried blue lightbulbs especially for "him".


Tonight the our lamp post was shining bright in blue...and my son's smile was just as bright.  Worth the $1.98 and the 5 minutes it took to install it..you betcha!! :) Though the following picture is a bit blurry (taken after dark) I thought I'd share it anyway. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment