Friday, April 6, 2012

The Full Pink Moon of April

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I LOVE watching the night sky and especially the moon. 

Since the sky was super clear tonight, I decided on a whim to hop in the care and try and catch the moon rising from a hilltop near my home.  I was soooooo thrilled to see it just rising over the hill!  It was a sight of grandness...a huge orange ball shining down on the valley below.  Oh, I could have just watched it for hours. 

I was able to get a few pictures, but had to cut the trip short due to a child (who demanded to come along) who was scared because we were standing in front of a 200 year old cemetery while the moon was rising...Bad mommy choice lolol. 

I really hope that some of you got to see the fabulous moon tonight, if not here are a few pics to give you an idea of what I saw.  These pictures in no way do the scene justice, but I hope you enjoy them anyway :)


Full Pink Moon 2012

The moon was so orange...I wish you could see the detail





Shining on the Valley Below

One of my new favorite pictures
The view behind us was also amazing


1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful photos! I missed the moon rise and there were clouds covering it later on. I noticed a ring around it on Thursday night. Snow on the way tonight. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete